Thursday, November 12, 2009

How do we say honeysuckle and persimmon in yiddish?

Neither word has a translation in Yiddish.





Honeysuckle wouldn't have a translation at all unless it has a Hebrew translation, but Persimmon would have a translation in Hebrew and would be used as the Hebrew word.





I speak Hebrew, but I'm sorry I don't know the word for Persimmon or Honeysuckle. You might be able to get away with saying, "Perot persimmon", literally meaning, "persimmon fruit".

How do we say honeysuckle and persimmon in yiddish?
I guess I am prejudice. Why do you want to know how to say them in Yiddish? This is Ghetto language--the language of the oppressed. Why don't you ask how to say them in Hebrew? I do not know them in Hebrew, but, that is the language I would ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment