Monday, November 16, 2009

Does grilling turkey patties on a George Forman or regular grill substantially reduce the fat content?

My turkey patties are Honeysuckle brand, they are: Cal- 160, Fat-8. I have a George Forman grill and I want to know if grilling reduces the actual grams of fat. I follow weight watchers and the fat grams determan how many points the burger is worth. If the George Forman "knocks out the fat" shouldn't it reduce the actual number of fat grams in the patty? And if so, by how much? Is there an actual formula anyone knows to show this? Thank you so much to all who answer. I have been searching for information on this for months. Thanks again :)

Does grilling turkey patties on a George Forman or regular grill substantially reduce the fat content?
I think it really just allows the fat to run off so that the patty isn't sitting in any grease that it would normally sit it if you were to pan fry it. The pressure of the upper and lower plates also allows you to squeeze some additional fat out. I dont think it would be that much different than barb-qing. If you are counting for weight watchers I wouldn't change your #s. The grill is just a healthier alternative to pan frying!


No comments:

Post a Comment